Sunday, January 8, 2012

a much needed update

it has been almost a year since my last post aand so much has happened
i will try to speed through with as much as possable...

dad: we found out dad had/ has cancer. he had surgeries and chemo and radition and seemes to be recovering as about as well as he can be.

grandma: after begging and pleading (even yelling at her) about sending her life savings to far off countries to people unknown she finally got it. scam scam scam!!!!!

mom: she had been having problems with one eye since she had cataracts removed. turns out she was legally blind in the one eye she had been having problems with. she had surgery and a recovery time of 7 -10 days...more on that later trust me

allen: he came up to chicago in march. we had so much fun getting to know each other even more. i didnt realize how much i missed him untill i met him at the train station. we spent a few days hanging out even took him to one of my classes with me.  i was sad when he left for kentucky but not devastated.

me: in February i began to feel weird. kinda like I'm on fire or my nerves were going crazy and messing with my body.  i felt like a teenager again with wanting to ask "what's going on with my body?" turns out it was a vitamin B defencey.  the meds i was taking i didn't like reactions...thanks to some well chosen words from some friends i was able to get off the meds...it was more than a hurricane that i weathered.  I'm soooo very sorry Linda.  i went to Virginia in august and was slammed by hurricane Irene...learned I'm not as strong as i thought.  thank you Lord for showing me that.  before that, in June i went back to Kentucky. one of Allen's brothers was getting married. i got to meet his family this time. if i felt i fit in with his step-family i really fit in with family family. a week before the wedding Allen purposed to me...i said yes.  i knew he was going to, we had talked about it before hand. so we planed for late October early November (i originally wanted a Halloween wedding) now remember my moms recovery time? this was about the time she was to recover...oh yeah loads of fun.

it was a beautiful ceremony in the temple. simple and quiet. the spirit was truly there i know this was right.  right now I'm sitting in our kitchen I'm suppose to be at church but we are both sick. until next month? and more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment